Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Aeroplane Flies High

I love the Fly Away stamp set.  Not only is it super cute and makes fun cards, but it was $5!  So much happiness for such a small amount.  

The first card I CASEd from Pine (PTI gallery) for a masculine congrats, the second I threw together as a baby boy card. 



For the bottom panel I stamped the grid from Guidelines in versamark, then stamped the reversed image from one of the tile stamps (to get a solid square) in red, and then overlapping with cream. 



For the bottom panel in this one, I saw someone use a scallop punch to get the illusion of clouds, so I used a stamp I had to create a similar image.  I was a little conflicted about using such a bright colour for a newborn, but decided the ribbon and cloud softened it enough.



And this is the matching envelope.


Supplies: stamps - Fly Away, Guidelines I, Background Basics: Retro, Fillable Frames #1 (all PTI), Nursery Necessities (SU!); paper - Pure Poppy, Kraft, Cream (all PTI), ink - Real Red (SU!), Tuxedo Black (Memento), Cream (PTI), other - Pure Poppy copics trio (PTI), Pure Poppy saddle stitch ribbon (PTI), cream satin ribbon (PTI), Vintage Cream felt (PTI), cloud die (PTI), Smashing Pumpkins music playing in the background.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards! Love the patchwork effect you created on the first one in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE that card and the block work is AMAZING~

    ReplyDelete