Monday, August 22, 2011

Sponged poppies

I wanted to try an emboss resist card with this Hero Arts stamp, so I stamped text, stamped the poppy image with versamark and heat embossed with clear powder, then sponged distress ink into the unembossed flower areas.  The border happened by accident after sponging - I was going to trim the image, but liked the result.


 
I so desperately wanted to put a ribbon on the left side, but it was just too much with the small text and flourishes.  I went a little overboard with the flourishes I think.  Ooops, oh well.  Maybe I'll add a double ended banner for the sentiment at the bottom instead.  And a button. So much for my plans for a flat card.  :) 



Supplies; Stamps - Poppy background (HA), Fancy flourishes (PTI), BB: Text style, Paper - Spring moss, cream, Other - distress inks, versamark, clear embossing powder.

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! The red poppies are lovely and I really like the swirled background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve your card. The colors really compliment each other. Love the text for the backgrouns. the card is pretty just the way it is. You do not need to add anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgoeus!! love the embossed resisit on the poppies..love it:)

    ReplyDelete