Saturday, October 16, 2010

Birthday Balloons

This card I made for my husband, who like most men I've asked, likes simple flat cards with minimal embellishments.  I understand that ribbon is a no-no.  And don't even start him on buttons! 


 The background is from BB: Retro.  It's my favourite from that set; it's got that ledger-y look. 


I embossed the greeting with clear powder.


I hand cut the circles and added some shading with copics.  The clouds were made by twisting a small sponge dauber in circular motions.  

He said he liked it.  :)


Supplies; Stamps - Everyday Button Bits, Background Basics: Retro and Giga Guidelines (PTI), Ink - Summer Sky (Memento), Not quite Navy (SU), black and cream (PTI),  Paper - Spring Rain, white and Green Boutique PP (PTI), Other - Spring Rain copics, clear embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment