Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trying Something Different

I wanted to try some cards outside of my usual style.  My starting point was a sheet of tag die cuts  - botanicals, butterflies and so on.  Sort of vintagey in appearance.   I thought some distress ink sponging would go well together with those images.
Took a deep breath, jumped right in before I had a chance to change my mind. 
Turned out very different for me, but I like it! 


This one has the flourish embossed with red ink. The sponging is quite a bit messier than I'm used to doing, but like I said, I just kept going so I wouldn't second guess myself.




This flourish was stamped with versamark and clear powder embossed.  I used the resist technique with distress inks to make the image appear. 


Supplies; Stamps - Fancy Flourishes, Background Basics: Text Style and Retro (PTI), Paper - cream, Graphic 45 die cuts, Ink - Versamark, Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Fired Brick (Tim Holtz distress), Other - clear embossing powder, dark chocolate ribbon cut in half, twine, foam daubers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment