Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trying Something Different

I wanted to try some cards outside of my usual style.  My starting point was a sheet of tag die cuts  - botanicals, butterflies and so on.  Sort of vintagey in appearance.   I thought some distress ink sponging would go well together with those images.
Took a deep breath, jumped right in before I had a chance to change my mind. 
Turned out very different for me, but I like it! 


This one has the flourish embossed with red ink. The sponging is quite a bit messier than I'm used to doing, but like I said, I just kept going so I wouldn't second guess myself.




This flourish was stamped with versamark and clear powder embossed.  I used the resist technique with distress inks to make the image appear. 


Supplies; Stamps - Fancy Flourishes, Background Basics: Text Style and Retro (PTI), Paper - cream, Graphic 45 die cuts, Ink - Versamark, Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Fired Brick (Tim Holtz distress), Other - clear embossing powder, dark chocolate ribbon cut in half, twine, foam daubers. 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog to tell you about Papercraft Star (just in case you don't already know!) We'd love to have you enter some of your inspired projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and want to tell papercrafters like you about the call! There is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

    ReplyDelete