Friday, March 25, 2011

PTI blog hop - embroidery floss

Papertrey Ink's blog hop theme this month is to use embroidery floss.  I haven't tried this before, so I looked forward to the challenge! 





The floss was weaved (just by hand) through the holes of the die, then tied. I looped it around and then used a smidgen of hot glue to fix it into place. I was hoping to have the new Tiny tags dies/stamps by now, so just image a little tag dangling from the floss.

The card evolved over awhile actually - I had gotten the heart and musicsheet background stamps a few months ago, and had stamped a bunch of paper with them in anticipation of using later.  Then I got the Parisian lace doily die with the February release, and decided I wanted to see it in hot pink, and so the rest of the card all sort of fell together from there.



The leaves were stamped with grey, the flower punched out of patterned paper, and the circle mat is also stamped with a delicate background stamp (envelope pattern).

Enjoy the rest of the hop - I know I will!

Supplies; Stamps - BB: Music Sheet, BB: Hearts, Envelope Pattern, Turning a New Leaf, Delightful dahlia (sentiment), Paper - Lemon tart, Raspberry fizz, cream, Bittersweet PP (Basic grey), Other - Parisian lace doily die, Limitless labels 1 3/4'' circle dies, Boho blooms flower punch (SU), cream embroidery floss.

19 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love the doily and the floss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the floss woven through the doily- what a great idea! I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It "fell together" beautifully! NEED those doily dies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use the floss! Makes a great accent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Adds just a little extra! Looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful.
    Love that doily!
    And the floss is a great little extra to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. Lovely application of the floss - and very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty - i really like the thread woven through the doily :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love the idea of stitching through the doily - clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very pretty card! Love the doily with the floss added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creative way to combine the doily and floss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty and I love the doily. Nice touch with the floss.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The floss woven through the doily is a lovely addition.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea to weave the floss through the doiley! Such a smart find! And a tiny tag hanging from that bow will be just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card and I totally love what you did with the embroidery floss!! fantastic!

    ReplyDelete